Sunday, February 2, 2014

Book Review: Starcrush by Justine Erler

Published: December 19th, 2013

Publisher: Trio Capital LLC

Pages: 237(ebook)

Genres: Young Adult, Paranormal

Blurb :
Close encounters of the crush-worthy kind. In the first novel of the Starcrush series, author Justine Erler introduces Genna Savoy, a psychically-gifted high school senior who finds herself torn between rival aliens who look ... spectacularly human.

Goodreads | Amazon | Starcrush Story Website 

 
 
 
                                                                Review Time!
I received this book in exchange for an honest review.
 
I love this book! It's amazing from the start to finish. Once you're reading, you're a goner. You're going to be so captivated by this book it's not even funny.
 
This is about a girl, named Genna who is a psychically-gifted high school senior. She falls in love between two rival aliens, Elon and Byron. We meet Byron in the first book. He's amazing..to Genna..at least. Then, we meet Elon in the second book. He's gorgeous and so perfect. Just perfect.
 
Right after I started reading, I was captured. The plot is amazing and the alien characters are also amazing. You can see them develop throughout the whole novel, which is cool. Your mind is practically filled with hot boys like Byron and Elon everywhere. And Genna. She's beautifully written and I love how she isn't alien, like Byron and Elon, but someone who has a gift. A psyhic gift.
 
The characters are so surreal. Justine is amazing at creating characters so perfect and so detailed. I literally felt like I was there, watching them develop and their amazingly written love story. I wish the supporting characters were more involved though. Like Nick, Josh and the band. I felt like they were just painting the background, which is their job, but I prefer novels that have their supporting characters kind of like the main protagonist.
 
 I loved how the novel was split in two, where we meet Byron first, then we meet Elon. It was very, very interesting, indeed, to read about one character when the other was gone. Also, Nick. Ah. Broke my heart.

Justine does an amazing job writing this novel. The dialogue was funny, yet serious and romantic at times. The details provided in this book gave me a clear image of their alien world. This novel is also very unpredictable. At the end of the book, you find out more about Elon and Byron. I hadn't and wasn't expecting what Byron was going to say. Incredible book!
 About the Author:
Justine Erler is a consultant with a background in health care management. She lives in central New Jersey with her husband and daughter. Starcrush is her first novel of the series, combining Books I and II, and was written while in search of the perfect vampire-alternative story.



 
Click "Read More >>" for a very short excerpt!
 
I drifted into silence as my eyes fell over him, the way he leaned over the desk, chilled to the extreme. Yet there was something overpowering about him. That “easy does it, rule-the-world” attitude felt good to be around but just now I couldn’t decide whether this made him the most incredible guy I ever met — or the most obnoxious.

I was relatively sure that the answer was not somewhere in between.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...