Series: Vampire Academy (#1)
Published: August 16th, 2007
Publisher: Razorbill
Genres: Romance, Paranormal, Supernatural, Young Adult
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Wow. This book exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect it to be so good, and it was good. It was amazing. I love Rose, Dimitri, Lissa and the way the whole story was written. To start with, the beginning wasn't even as slow as I thought it would be like in most books.
Let's talk about Rose first. She's beautifully written, and like everyone says, is a KICK ASS heroine. I love her for who she is. She's smart and fierce and won't back down from protecting Lissa. Now that's who I'm looking for when it comes to female heroines. She's also a fast learner, which I love her for. Yes, she may have a little self control, I love her random outrages, although some of her arguments have no sense, it's still funny to read, yet "cool"(That's the best I could describe it)
And Dimitri. Perfect boyfriend. Well, perfect guy. He's a guardian, a guardian who takes his duty seriously. He won't love, poor guy, or else it'll ruin his guardian job. He's just amazing. Strong and polite, he'll be there for you through hard times...that is...if you don't piss him off.
And the plot is like no other. Seriously. I can't think of another book I've read that's just like this, except for the Bloodlines series. Lissa uses compulsion to escape the academy, an academy that's heavily guarded with magic and wards. Ever heard of that? Didn't think so. It has a unique story line, it's one where it'll either fail or succeed depending on how the author writes it, and this author, wrote it well.
Published: August 16th, 2007
Publisher: Razorbill
Genres: Romance, Paranormal, Supernatural, Young Adult
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
St. Vladimir’s Academy isn’t just any boarding school—it’s a hidden place where vampires are educated in the ways of magic and half-human teens train to protect them. Rose Hathaway is a Dhampir, a bodyguard for her best friend Lissa, a Moroi Vampire Princess. They’ve been on the run, but now they’re being dragged back to St. Vladimir’s—the very place where they’re most in danger. . . .
Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.
Review ~ Rose and Lissa become enmeshed in forbidden romance, the Academy’s ruthless social scene, and unspeakable nighttime rituals. But they must be careful lest the Strigoi—the world’s fiercest and most dangerous vampires—make Lissa one of them forever.
Wow. This book exceeded my expectations. I didn't expect it to be so good, and it was good. It was amazing. I love Rose, Dimitri, Lissa and the way the whole story was written. To start with, the beginning wasn't even as slow as I thought it would be like in most books.
Suddenly, she screamed and threw it down. Book and shoes spilled out. So did a dead dove.
Let's talk about Rose first. She's beautifully written, and like everyone says, is a KICK ASS heroine. I love her for who she is. She's smart and fierce and won't back down from protecting Lissa. Now that's who I'm looking for when it comes to female heroines. She's also a fast learner, which I love her for. Yes, she may have a little self control, I love her random outrages, although some of her arguments have no sense, it's still funny to read, yet "cool"(That's the best I could describe it)
No. If I let myself love you, I won't throw myself in front of her. I'll throw myself in front of you.
And Dimitri. Perfect boyfriend. Well, perfect guy. He's a guardian, a guardian who takes his duty seriously. He won't love, poor guy, or else it'll ruin his guardian job. He's just amazing. Strong and polite, he'll be there for you through hard times...that is...if you don't piss him off.
And the plot is like no other. Seriously. I can't think of another book I've read that's just like this, except for the Bloodlines series. Lissa uses compulsion to escape the academy, an academy that's heavily guarded with magic and wards. Ever heard of that? Didn't think so. It has a unique story line, it's one where it'll either fail or succeed depending on how the author writes it, and this author, wrote it well.
"Rose. Roza. Open your eyes." I'd never hear his voice sound so strained, so frantic. "Don't go to sleep on me. Not yet."
Yes, this immediately went on my 'Best Loved' shelf on goodreads. It's typically an another amazingly written YA supernatural book, but, I just felt like it deserved to be on my shelf. I don't know how else to describe it. After reading this first book, you'll just have a hungry feeling to read the next.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!