Saturday, February 1, 2014

Book Review : The Wanderers by Jessica Miller

Published : December 6th, 2012

Publisher : Self-Published

Pages : 371(eBook)

Genres : Young Adult Paranormal Fantasy, Romance

Blurb : 
  
What do you do when you learn your family is the one who's holding all the secrets? Secrets that could get you killed...
Ella is looking forward to starting college in the fall with her best friend Josie. She’s looking for a place where she can get away from her overbearing parents and two older annoying brothers. Unfortunately Ella realizes that sometimes the past comes back to haunt you. Ella soon learns that the man who terrorizes her dreams is in fact real and coming after her.
When one of her classmates is murdered, Ella slowly recognizes this is not some strange coincidence. Ella fears that the boy she’s falling in love with is the one who stalks her dreams and no longer knows who she can trust. When she finally learns the truth of her family’s deepest secret, Ella has to face her demons by taking out one of the people she thought she could trust…before they kill her.
 
                                                               Review Time!
This is an amazing book! It's very well written and the plot and climax is surprising! It definitely was a good read! I want to thank Jessica Miller for sending me an eBook copy of this in exchange for an honest review!

This book starts out with Ella going off to college. She's happy to get away from her overprotective parents and be free, especially after the accident. Josie, Ella's best friend, invites Ella to a party and that's where everything starts. She meets a boy, Tristan, and he...has magnificently gorgeous blue eyes. He's logical and confident, a little over the top, and she's scared whether or not he'll rip her heart to pieces.

Alright, the characters. They're beautifully written. They weren't just part of the background. They were needed in the story. What I mean is that they didn't just paint the background, they had been in the front lines with Ella and Tristan. Without them, I don't think I would've liked this book as much. Each character had their own personality. They weren't robotic or the same in any way. And Jack... You'd think you knew everything about him while you were reading the book, but you don't. He's such a mystery. I can't believe I was actually debating on which team I'd be on... Team Jack or Team Tristan?

Oh my sweet love. Let's talk about Tristan. He's smart. He's reasonable. He's like other high school boys and he knows how to enjoy one. He's logical too. Omg. He's just the perfect guy. Every single detail that Jessica has written about him is amazing.

This book was very unpredictable. I couldn't figure out what it was that made it so irregular, aside from the fact that Jessica is a very good writer. It is a paranormal book, but while you're reading, you wouldn't know if this novel is about vampires, witches, werewolves etc... until halfway through the book. I loved how Jessica slowly revealed everything. It kept me reading through the whole book and when it was revealed, I jumped with excitement. 

Some things that bothered me about this book was it's spelling, grammar and misused words. It didn't bother me so much that I had to stop reading overall(which I wouldn't have done anyway), it was just something that needed to be improved. I also wished there was more contact with people back at her home after she moved onto college. Overall, I really enjoyed the book. The romance with Tristan and Ella was amazing written and the storyline was so awesome. The ending though...makes me want to read more, except, at the same time, I don't because Tristan was someone that kept me reading.

I love Jessica's writing. This novel was definitely slow paced, but she was able to write it and keep the suspense going. Love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...