Saturday, February 22, 2014

Book Review: Frostbite by Richelle Mead

Series: Vampire Academy (#1)
Published: March 10, 2008
Publisher: Razorbill
Genres: Young Adult, Romance, Fantasy, Supernatural/Paranormal
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Rose loves Dimitri, Dimitri might love Tasha, and Mason would die to be with Rose...

It’s winter break at St. Vladimir’s, but Rose is feeling anything but festive. A massive Strigoi attack has put the school on high alert, and now the Academy’s crawling with Guardians—including Rose’s hard-hitting mother, Janine Hathaway. And if hand-to-hand combat with her mom wasn’t bad enough, Rose’s tutor Dimitri has his eye on someone else, her friend Mason’s got a huge crush on her, and Rose keeps getting stuck in Lissa’s head while she’s making out with her boyfriend, Christian! The Strigoi are closing in, and the Academy’s not taking any risks... This year, St. Vlad’s annual holiday ski trip is mandatory.

But the glittering winter landscape and the posh Idaho resort only create the illusion of safety. When three friends run away in an offensive move against the deadly Strigoi, Rose must join forces with Christian to rescue them. But heroism rarely comes without a price...

Review ~

Omg, you don't know how it feels to read this. The way Richelle Mead writes is just amazing. I love it and I can't get enough of it. I think, but I don't hope, that this is going to be the best book in this series.

Everyone has light around them, except for you. You have shadows. You take them from Lissa.

Ah. Yes. Do you remember Rose? The main character of Vampire Academy? She's still a kick-ass heroine. She does make irrational decisions in this book, but you can watch her develop and grow. It's very interesting to read about her life, from her point of view, and when she gets jealous? She doesn't show it, she wasn't annoying, as any other jealous girl would be. And Lissa and Christian? Oh, their relationship. I love it. Christian is just good for Lissa and Lissa is good for Christian. Yea, some people may not ship them, but I ship them 100%. Like seriously? They're adorable together, well... maybe I shouldn't say "adorable", but, they're just fit for each other.

Something that sucked was that I could predict the near death of someone towards the end of the book. Very obvious after he barged in trying to protect the one he loved. Aside from that, I couldn't predict much, everything was basically unpredictable. Also, we meet Adrian in this book. For the love of candy, I am in love with him. I'm pretty sure if they get in a relationship, it won't last, because she has Dimitri...And, seriously? NO LOVE TRIANGLES PLEASE. 

“By the way, my name's Rose Hathaway. I'm seventeen years old, training to protect and kill vampires, in love with a completely unsuitable guy, and have a best friend whose weird magic could drive her crazy.
Hey, no one said high school was easy.”

Remember? We meet Janine Hathaway, and if it isn't already obvious enough from Janine's last name, she's Rose's mother. Yea, their relationship isn't all that friendly, nor is it really cold. It's just, they're strangers who love to fight. Remember? Rose's mother/Janine and Rose gets into physical fights and verbal arguments a lot. The way Mead writes this part is very....emotional. I really felt a pain in my chest even though I've never experienced my mother hating me/leaving me. And then, when her mother pulls Rose into her arms, I cried of joy. It's very emotional, you experience feelings you've never experienced in reading this book.

“You can't force love, I realized. It's there or it isn't. If it's not there, you've got to be able to admit it. If it is there, you've got to do whatever it takes to protect the ones you love.”

This, again, went immediately to my "Best Loved" shelf. I just love it so much! The feelings you get when reading this novel is simply fantastic! Obviously, going to read the next book, Shadow Kiss, soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...