Published : May 10, 2011
Publisher : Henry Holt
Pages : 322
Genres : YA Romance, Fantasy, Mystery
Review Time!
This is a very fascinating book! This is the first book in a Trilogy. I really didn't think the beginning was slow, I actually liked how fast paced this book was. The only thing, that was too fast paced was the romance. That was my immediate thought once something happened between them two.
This is a book about time traveling...Yes, Time traveling. To be honest, it has a very interesting storyline. I loved each and every character in this book. They had their own personality and not even a single similar thing.(Well, of course there was, but you know what I mean...I hope.)
Anyways, Like I said, this book is about time traveling. Where there is a time traveling gene running through Gwen's family. So..only about 12 people have it, and Gwen is the 12th. But wait, first, everyone thinks it's Charlotte, the sophisticated cousin. Yea. They think it's her, so basically what happens is that Gwen is totally unprepared to travel through to the past, while Charlotte spends her whole life preparing for time travel. She knows how to curtsy, she knows the foreign languages, she knows the dances. Even London's history. So, one day, Gwen travels back in time and she's totally unprepared. Now what?
I loved Gwyneth as the main protagonist. I feel like she narrated the story flawlessly, yet with flaws. Like, an optical illusion, you know? Making it seem like something when it's really not? Yea. That's what I felt when I was reading this book.
Anyways, like I said, the romance in this book was VERY fast paced. Like "Woah..", What just happened? Like, did they really just do that? That was flaw in the book that I didn't like, but I liked the fact that the beginning wasn't slow. It basically jumped right into the story, making the story more fascinating than it should be.
Now let's talk about the Prologue, so, it was very confusing for me while I was reading it. First off, It's because I don't know any of the characters, and the plot/storyline of the book. So yea, I didn't really care 'bout the prologue, but you should still read it.
So, Kerstin's writing is amazing. Surely, this book has flaws, but it's probably the translation. I decided not to point that out because I felt like translating a book this good was hard, so I didn't want to be mean. But yea, check this book out!
Quotes :
Publisher : Henry Holt
Pages : 322
Genres : YA Romance, Fantasy, Mystery
Blurb from goodreads:
Gwyneth Shepherd's sophisticated, beautiful cousin Charlotte has been prepared her entire life for traveling through time. But unexpectedly, it is Gwyneth, who in the middle of class takes a sudden spin to a different era!
Gwyneth must now unearth the mystery of why her mother would lie about her birth date to ward off suspicion about her ability, brush up on her history, and work with Gideon--the time traveler from a similarly gifted family that passes the gene through its male line, and whose presence becomes, in time, less insufferable and more essential. Together, Gwyneth and Gideon journey through time to discover who, in the 18th century and in contemporary London, they can trust.
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book DepositoryReview Time!
This is a very fascinating book! This is the first book in a Trilogy. I really didn't think the beginning was slow, I actually liked how fast paced this book was. The only thing, that was too fast paced was the romance. That was my immediate thought once something happened between them two.
This is a book about time traveling...Yes, Time traveling. To be honest, it has a very interesting storyline. I loved each and every character in this book. They had their own personality and not even a single similar thing.(Well, of course there was, but you know what I mean...I hope.)
Anyways, Like I said, this book is about time traveling. Where there is a time traveling gene running through Gwen's family. So..only about 12 people have it, and Gwen is the 12th. But wait, first, everyone thinks it's Charlotte, the sophisticated cousin. Yea. They think it's her, so basically what happens is that Gwen is totally unprepared to travel through to the past, while Charlotte spends her whole life preparing for time travel. She knows how to curtsy, she knows the foreign languages, she knows the dances. Even London's history. So, one day, Gwen travels back in time and she's totally unprepared. Now what?
I loved Gwyneth as the main protagonist. I feel like she narrated the story flawlessly, yet with flaws. Like, an optical illusion, you know? Making it seem like something when it's really not? Yea. That's what I felt when I was reading this book.
Anyways, like I said, the romance in this book was VERY fast paced. Like "Woah..", What just happened? Like, did they really just do that? That was flaw in the book that I didn't like, but I liked the fact that the beginning wasn't slow. It basically jumped right into the story, making the story more fascinating than it should be.
Now let's talk about the Prologue, so, it was very confusing for me while I was reading it. First off, It's because I don't know any of the characters, and the plot/storyline of the book. So yea, I didn't really care 'bout the prologue, but you should still read it.
![]() | ||||||
| 4 and 1/2 Stars |
Quotes :
"Yes, but it's my favorite bit of wall, Gordon. I'd hurt its feelings if I didn't stop and talk to it.”
“If were were in a film, the villain would turn out to be the least-expected person. But as we aren't in a film, I'd go for the character who tried to strangle you.”



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!