Published : January 10, 2012
Publisher : Dutton Books
Pages : 313
Genres : Realistic Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Blurb from Goodreads :
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Review Time!
Alright, So I have heard a lot of good things about this book. Especially " It's so sad! :( .." Even though I hear that from people, I didn't prepare for it. So, what happens after I finished this book? I get a mental breakdown. I'm sorry. This book was just amazing. It's very realistic and the characters were well developed and the facts on their cancer was "accurate".
Anyways, like I said, this was a fantastic book! It was very, VERY intriguing. Hazel Grace Lancaster is the main protagonist. 16 years old and has cancer. She walks around with an oxygen tank. Anyways, her mom sends her to a cancer support group and their she meets another protagonist, Augustus Waters. He also has cancer...and that cancer, took one of his legs, so he only has one leg.
Alright, Another thing I wanted to talk about in this book was the plot. It was simply astounding. I loved it so much. Never once did I think that he wrote it in a very non-fiction way. The facts were kind-of "accurate". The ending was very dramatic/moody. Very sad. I loved how John Green actually wrote a "pre-funeral" scene in the book. This is one of the few books that I've read with these scenes, so that's another aspect I love about this book.
They were smarter than an average teen and they spent a lot of time thinking about life. But you know, they have cancer. And cancer sucks. So what is there to do, when your life is limited and you're dying? Contemplate about life and study I guess...
Anyways, I loved the way John Green wrote his characters. They developed amazingly and I always believed they were "Real". They just seemed real for me. I loved them as characters!
You know, I really have nothing to say about this book other than the fact that it was very moody and awesome. John Green's writing is amazing. I say, if you haven't read this book yet, you need to read it like right now. Put down the book you're currently reading, and read this book. I can't promise you that you'll like it as much as I did, but I can promise you that you'll give this book at least 2/3 stars!
Quotes :
Publisher : Dutton Books
Pages : 313
Genres : Realistic Fiction, Contemporary, Romance
Blurb from Goodreads :
Despite the tumor-shrinking medical miracle that has bought her a few years, Hazel has never been anything but terminal, her final chapter inscribed upon diagnosis. But when a gorgeous plot twist named Augustus Waters suddenly appears at Cancer Kid Support Group, Hazel's story is about to be completely rewritten.
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Review Time!
Alright, So I have heard a lot of good things about this book. Especially " It's so sad! :( .." Even though I hear that from people, I didn't prepare for it. So, what happens after I finished this book? I get a mental breakdown. I'm sorry. This book was just amazing. It's very realistic and the characters were well developed and the facts on their cancer was "accurate".
Anyways, like I said, this was a fantastic book! It was very, VERY intriguing. Hazel Grace Lancaster is the main protagonist. 16 years old and has cancer. She walks around with an oxygen tank. Anyways, her mom sends her to a cancer support group and their she meets another protagonist, Augustus Waters. He also has cancer...and that cancer, took one of his legs, so he only has one leg.
Alright, Another thing I wanted to talk about in this book was the plot. It was simply astounding. I loved it so much. Never once did I think that he wrote it in a very non-fiction way. The facts were kind-of "accurate". The ending was very dramatic/moody. Very sad. I loved how John Green actually wrote a "pre-funeral" scene in the book. This is one of the few books that I've read with these scenes, so that's another aspect I love about this book.
They were smarter than an average teen and they spent a lot of time thinking about life. But you know, they have cancer. And cancer sucks. So what is there to do, when your life is limited and you're dying? Contemplate about life and study I guess...
Anyways, I loved the way John Green wrote his characters. They developed amazingly and I always believed they were "Real". They just seemed real for me. I loved them as characters!
![]() | |
| 5 stars! |
You know, I really have nothing to say about this book other than the fact that it was very moody and awesome. John Green's writing is amazing. I say, if you haven't read this book yet, you need to read it like right now. Put down the book you're currently reading, and read this book. I can't promise you that you'll like it as much as I did, but I can promise you that you'll give this book at least 2/3 stars!
Quotes :
“My thoughts are stars I cannot fathom into constellations.”
“As he read, I fell in love the way you fall asleep: slowly, and then all at once.”



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!