Published : November 5th, 2013
Publisher : Putnam Juvenille
Pages : 369(Hardcover)
Genres : Dystopia, Fantasy, Action, Romance
Blurb from goodreads :
June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.
But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Review Time!
So, Wow. That's all I have to say about this book. I can say that this book was a nice and sad conclusion to the trilogy, and I wouldn't want another book in this series no matter how much I want to know what happens. I just want to let my imagination flow freely...Alright, so..Yes, This is the final book in the Legend trilogy. My thoughts? As usual, the last book wasn't as good as the first two, but it still received five stars.
First, It was very nice to see how the story unfolded. Some time during the middle, the plot was kind of boring for me. I wasn't like "OMG, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!". No, I wasn't like that, but towards the end, I kind of got jumpy but not that excited. It was also nice to read everyone's confessions and find out what actually happened the day of Metias's death. We learned a lot in this book we never knew before, that's something I love.
Overall, I love June and Day's relationship. Eden also had an important part in this story too. The supporting characters were no longer in the background watching Day and June's love life, they were now IN the story and helping the Republic. Woah. Huge step. I felt like Marie Lu did an amazing job keeping the characters in tact and developing throughout the whole story. The way she wrote Day's and June's love life was outstanding. It was written so their romance wouldn't overwhelm the whole plot yet I felt like there was too little.
Also, Thomas. His loyalty to the Republic is admirable. But, his loyalty can get him killed. I mean, seriously? Marie did an amazing job describing Thomas' feelings towards the Republic and Metias. I respect him so much as a supporting character, but sometimes, I feel like taking pity on him is the best thing I can do since he's not even real. It's just completely sad.
SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE TRILOGY YET/LEGEND, PRODIGY AND CHAMPION. I can't take it anymore knowing Day is sick. It's causing me to panic. I felt like I wanted to skip to the end and find out what happens to Day. That's one aspect that I didn't like while I was reading. Marie's plot wasn't strong enough to keep my head stuck into the current story, I felt like Day's disease was the thing that kept me reading through it. I really do believe in Marie's writing. The simple way to put it is : This book simply wasn't her best.
Let's talk about the ending now. I felt so sad when I finished the book. I felt like I needed to stop reading all at once to stop the pain. The conclusion to the trilogy just went above and beyond my expectations. I love it so much. It was very well written, however, the middle, not so much. I would like another book to read and find out what happens later on, But I think it's better to leave this masterpiece of a trilogy alone and let you imagine...
This is one heck of a trilogy. It's so action-packed yet it has enough..time? to also include their relationship. I love it so freaking much. This trilogy is the bomb.
Notable Quotes :
Champion - Day :
Out of all the disguises I've worn, this one might be my favorite.
Dark red hair, different enough from my usual white-blond, cut to just past my shoulders and pulled back into a tail. Green contacts that look natural when layered over my blue eyes. A crumpled, half-tucked collared shirt, its tiny silver buttons shining in the dark, a thin military jacket, black pants and steel-toed boots, a thick gray scarf wrapped around my neck, chin and mouth. A dark soldier cap is pulled low over my forehead, and a crimson, painted tattoo stretches over the left half of my face, changing me into someone unfamiliar. Aside from this, I wear and ever-present earpiece and mike. The Republic insists on it.
In most other cities, I'd probably get even more stares than I usually do because of that giant goddy tattoo-not exactly a subtle marker, I gotta admit. But her in San Francisco, I blendd right in with the others. The first thing I noticed when Eden and I moved to Frisco eight months ago was the local trend: young people painting black or red patterns on their faces, some small and delicate, like Republic seals on their temples or something similar, others huge and sprawling, like giant patterns of the Republic's land shape. I chose a pretty generic tattoo tonight, because I'm not loyal enough to the Republic to tamp that loyalty right on my face. Leave that to June. Instead, I have stylized flames. Good enough.
Publisher : Putnam Juvenille
Pages : 369(Hardcover)
Genres : Dystopia, Fantasy, Action, Romance
Blurb from goodreads :
June and Day have sacrificed so much for the people of the Republic—and each other—and now their country is on the brink of a new existence. June is back in the good graces of the Republic, working within the government’s elite circles as Princeps-Elect, while Day has been assigned a high-level military position.
But neither could have predicted the circumstances that will reunite them: just when a peace treaty is imminent, a plague outbreak causes panic in the Colonies, and war threatens the Republic’s border cities. This new strain of plague is deadlier than ever, and June is the only one who knows the key to her country’s defense. But saving the lives of thousands will mean asking the one she loves to give up everything.
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble | The Book Depository
Review Time!
So, Wow. That's all I have to say about this book. I can say that this book was a nice and sad conclusion to the trilogy, and I wouldn't want another book in this series no matter how much I want to know what happens. I just want to let my imagination flow freely...Alright, so..Yes, This is the final book in the Legend trilogy. My thoughts? As usual, the last book wasn't as good as the first two, but it still received five stars.
First, It was very nice to see how the story unfolded. Some time during the middle, the plot was kind of boring for me. I wasn't like "OMG, WHAT'S GOING TO HAPPEN NEXT?!". No, I wasn't like that, but towards the end, I kind of got jumpy but not that excited. It was also nice to read everyone's confessions and find out what actually happened the day of Metias's death. We learned a lot in this book we never knew before, that's something I love.
Overall, I love June and Day's relationship. Eden also had an important part in this story too. The supporting characters were no longer in the background watching Day and June's love life, they were now IN the story and helping the Republic. Woah. Huge step. I felt like Marie Lu did an amazing job keeping the characters in tact and developing throughout the whole story. The way she wrote Day's and June's love life was outstanding. It was written so their romance wouldn't overwhelm the whole plot yet I felt like there was too little.
Also, Thomas. His loyalty to the Republic is admirable. But, his loyalty can get him killed. I mean, seriously? Marie did an amazing job describing Thomas' feelings towards the Republic and Metias. I respect him so much as a supporting character, but sometimes, I feel like taking pity on him is the best thing I can do since he's not even real. It's just completely sad.
SKIP THIS PARAGRAPH IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE TRILOGY YET/LEGEND, PRODIGY AND CHAMPION. I can't take it anymore knowing Day is sick. It's causing me to panic. I felt like I wanted to skip to the end and find out what happens to Day. That's one aspect that I didn't like while I was reading. Marie's plot wasn't strong enough to keep my head stuck into the current story, I felt like Day's disease was the thing that kept me reading through it. I really do believe in Marie's writing. The simple way to put it is : This book simply wasn't her best.
Let's talk about the ending now. I felt so sad when I finished the book. I felt like I needed to stop reading all at once to stop the pain. The conclusion to the trilogy just went above and beyond my expectations. I love it so much. It was very well written, however, the middle, not so much. I would like another book to read and find out what happens later on, But I think it's better to leave this masterpiece of a trilogy alone and let you imagine...
This is one heck of a trilogy. It's so action-packed yet it has enough..time? to also include their relationship. I love it so freaking much. This trilogy is the bomb.
Notable Quotes :
"There's no room for emotion on the political stage. When emotion fails, logic will save you. You might envy Day, but you'll never be him and he'll never be you. He isn't the Republic's elector. He's a boy protecting his brother. YOU are a politican. You have to make decision that break your heart, that hurt and deceive. That no one else will understand. It's your duty."
“Sometimes, the sun sets earlier. Days don’t last forever, you know. But I’ll fight as hard as I can. I can promise you that.”Click "Read More >>" for an excerpt of the book!
Champion - Day :
Out of all the disguises I've worn, this one might be my favorite.
Dark red hair, different enough from my usual white-blond, cut to just past my shoulders and pulled back into a tail. Green contacts that look natural when layered over my blue eyes. A crumpled, half-tucked collared shirt, its tiny silver buttons shining in the dark, a thin military jacket, black pants and steel-toed boots, a thick gray scarf wrapped around my neck, chin and mouth. A dark soldier cap is pulled low over my forehead, and a crimson, painted tattoo stretches over the left half of my face, changing me into someone unfamiliar. Aside from this, I wear and ever-present earpiece and mike. The Republic insists on it.
In most other cities, I'd probably get even more stares than I usually do because of that giant goddy tattoo-not exactly a subtle marker, I gotta admit. But her in San Francisco, I blendd right in with the others. The first thing I noticed when Eden and I moved to Frisco eight months ago was the local trend: young people painting black or red patterns on their faces, some small and delicate, like Republic seals on their temples or something similar, others huge and sprawling, like giant patterns of the Republic's land shape. I chose a pretty generic tattoo tonight, because I'm not loyal enough to the Republic to tamp that loyalty right on my face. Leave that to June. Instead, I have stylized flames. Good enough.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!