Saturday, June 28, 2014

Movie Discussion: The Fault in our Stars by John Green, Directed by Josh Boone




What's everyone saying about this fantastic book-movie adaptation film?

NonReaders:

To be honest, I really don't know. Everyone's practically read it.

Readers:

"Omg. It was so good!"
"I didn't cry. Was I the only one?"
"I only cried when I read the book! This wasn't as heart wrenching."
 

"Okay? Okay." Is that everyone's favorite quote now? Why isn't it "Always." *Kiss* "Always."

Anyways, I'd say they did a fantastic job on this movie. I'm part of the "I didn't cry. Was I the only one?" group, because really, I didn't cry. I will admit that I sobbed heavily while I was reading the book. I don't know why. Probably because I already knew what was going to happen and the fact that I got over someone dying does support the fact of why I didn't cry during the movie.

I was surprised by Elgort's acting. In Divergent, he was just there in the background and the protagonist's brother. It didn't really show off much of his acting skills. But in this film? Elgort's acting was fantastic! I'd say he did amazing on his part. Let's not forget about Woodley too. She did amazing. Getting two lead roles in popular book-movie adaptations is simply stunning and she never fails to amaze her audience. The fact that she played Tris in Divergent and Hazel in TFIOS just shows how she can switch from one role to another. She did a very, very, very (100x) job!

Watched on: June 7, 2014

I really wished I went on June 6th, because there would've been less people due to a Friday(I think?) and the leftover TFIOS premiere items!

Add this book to your goodreads: http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/11870085-the-fault-in-our-stars

It's almost as 1million reads! It's at around 850k!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...