Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Book Review: The One by Kiera Cass

Series: The Selection (#3)
Genres: Young Adult, Romance
Published: May 6th, 2014
Publisher: HarperTeen
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

The Selection changed America Singer's life in ways she never could have imagined. Since she entered the competition to become the next princess of Illéa, America has struggled with her feelings for her first love, Aspen--and her growing attraction to Prince Maxon. Now she's made her choice . . . and she's prepared to fight for the future she wants.




In all honesty, I wasn't surprised. It was obvious who she was gonna end up with but like, when she finally realized who she really liked and noticed the feelings were gone for that particular person I was literally jumping with joy. And I love the queen in this book and the relationships between the characters surprisingly jumped from enemy to friend which I totally loved. The only downfall of that was the fact that some characters...died. *Go cries in a corner*

I also love the "new" friends that America made and the conversations they have. "You're using Aspen as a safety net?" They basically said what I was thinking and I was just pumping my fist in the air saying "VICTORY!" because someone finally pointed it out to America that Aspen isn't really...a non-safety net that's worth her time (if that makes sense).


I couldn't believe the finishing of this series ended that quick within a matter of 300 pages. Like...it isn't enough! Especially when it started getting exciting from the middle and then it ends, you're like:

HURRAH. *Crash* WHAT? NO MORE...

Yep. That's literally how you'll feel when reading this book. The covers are also gorgeous...for every book. Isn't that enough to start getting you to read this trilogy? All I have to say is that it's over...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...