Thursday, April 24, 2014

Book Review: Unforgiven by Jessica Miller

Series: The Wanderers (#3)
Genres: Fantasy, Paranormal
Published: February 14, 2014
Publisher: Createspace
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

All it took was three magical words…

Tristan…is…alive.

Ella knew leaving was wrong. She knew there would be consequences but what was at stake was far more important than anything she could have done if she stayed. She just had to see for herself.
Ella also knows Josie’s time is limited. With the help of her friends, Ella takes off and introduces herself to a foreign land. She hoped to keep her whereabouts a secret but it isn’t long before her father discovers where she is and threatens to take her back kicking and screaming. Things quickly go awry and Ella finds more than what she was looking for in her search for Tristan.
Ella knows eventually she must return home and face the aftermath of her sudden departure. But her head and heart aren’t sure they can handle it.
Will Roman forgive her? Will Gabe and the rest of her friends hate her for abandoning them in their time of need?
Review ~

Well, this was good for the third book of The Wanderers series. I liked it. BUT...the characters..Oh dear. Save me. They all need to mature and grow up. And Tristan changed. I can't really wrap my finger around it, so I can't really rave about him changing, but all I can tell is that I liked Tristan before(a lot), but now I like Roman better than Tristan now and dear, why does it have to be Roman who has to be the one everyone pities? Ella is 19, no? She needs to grow up because she's...immature. I guess. She just needs to make more rational decisions and her friends...


Remember when she ran away to go find Tristan? Just no. No. No. No. No. NO. I mean, she loves him and all that but no matter how much she "feels" it, I don't feel even a twinge of sympathy coming from her for Roman. She led him on and she has to fix it instead of going for the loved one she thought was dead. I mean, yea, Tristan was one she loved a lot, and she has to move on, but I think the person who makes the most sense in this book was Roman.

Anyways, this book had some unpredictable moments and I liked it. Made everything come as a surprise. I also liked the pacing in this book. Not much was thrown at Ella everything as once. And the end of the novel. Woah. Well, you just need to read it to find out. Also, not to be a Disney obsessed or anything, but now, the name Ella just reminds me of Elsa(Frozen).

I received this book in exchange for an honest review.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...