Series: Mystic Wolves (#1)
Genres: Young Adult, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy
Published: January 19, 2012
Publisher: Moonstruck Media
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Mason is the alpha of his pack. ... Hold up? You're the pack leader, but your girlfriend doesn't obey any of your requests. What? Darcy makes the worst decisions, flirting your way out of a gun isn't going to work. There was this death at the beginning. What's it supposed to make you feel? Grief? Sorrow? Joy? Pity? I felt nothing. Nothing at all. Death at the beginning of a book to me makes no sense. Just a waste of time to read that, we didn't get to know the character at all, aside from the fact that she was a werewolf who couldn't control herself or her "inner wolf".
The ending too. Cliffhangers don't bother me. But when a cliffhanger leads to a very predictable ending? Becomes boring. It wasn't even part of the story, the story did not build up at all for this surprise ending, I had expected an epic conclusion because I must say that the world building was good and the characters were well written too.(They're just idiots.) And the most likely love triangle? I've never read ANY of Belinda Boring's literary works, so I can't really base my opinion on the love triangle(aside from the fact that the new girl won't win Mason), because I really don't know how she'll write it.
I really don't have much to say. I also didn't like the fact that it just jumps to random scenes throughout the book during mourning period or after a make-out scene. However, I did like the world building and the unique characters, but they never developed...which is terribly sad. Ummm, let's see...I liked the fact there was no love triangle until the end(great job!) and there were some good characters that I would sort of describe as perfect(no names. (: )
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.
Genres: Young Adult, Supernatural, Urban Fantasy
Published: January 19, 2012
Publisher: Moonstruck Media
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
What would you do if a simple errand takes a deadly twist, turning you from cautious prey to dangerous predator?
Someone is trying to send a deadly message to Mason, arranging the deaths of those he loves and it puts the entire pack and Alpha on high alert. Darcy understands the primal instincts driving her beloved Mason's commands. With the help of those he sets as protectors, she learns about herself and the things she'll need to help support her Alpha and pack. When events turn dire however, one truth offers her strength - once given, oaths are unbreakable ... even if it means risking it all.
Review ~Someone is trying to send a deadly message to Mason, arranging the deaths of those he loves and it puts the entire pack and Alpha on high alert. Darcy understands the primal instincts driving her beloved Mason's commands. With the help of those he sets as protectors, she learns about herself and the things she'll need to help support her Alpha and pack. When events turn dire however, one truth offers her strength - once given, oaths are unbreakable ... even if it means risking it all.
Mason is the alpha of his pack. ... Hold up? You're the pack leader, but your girlfriend doesn't obey any of your requests. What? Darcy makes the worst decisions, flirting your way out of a gun isn't going to work. There was this death at the beginning. What's it supposed to make you feel? Grief? Sorrow? Joy? Pity? I felt nothing. Nothing at all. Death at the beginning of a book to me makes no sense. Just a waste of time to read that, we didn't get to know the character at all, aside from the fact that she was a werewolf who couldn't control herself or her "inner wolf".
The ending too. Cliffhangers don't bother me. But when a cliffhanger leads to a very predictable ending? Becomes boring. It wasn't even part of the story, the story did not build up at all for this surprise ending, I had expected an epic conclusion because I must say that the world building was good and the characters were well written too.(They're just idiots.) And the most likely love triangle? I've never read ANY of Belinda Boring's literary works, so I can't really base my opinion on the love triangle(aside from the fact that the new girl won't win Mason), because I really don't know how she'll write it.
I really don't have much to say. I also didn't like the fact that it just jumps to random scenes throughout the book during mourning period or after a make-out scene. However, I did like the world building and the unique characters, but they never developed...which is terribly sad. Ummm, let's see...I liked the fact there was no love triangle until the end(great job!) and there were some good characters that I would sort of describe as perfect(no names. (: )
Disclaimer: I received a copy of this book in exchange for a review.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!