Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Book Review: Ignite Me by Tahereh Mafi

Series: Shatter Me (#3)
Genres: Young Adult, Dystopia, Fantasy, Romance, Paranormal
Published: February 4. 2014
Publisher: HarperCollins
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


With Omega Point destroyed, Juliette doesn’t know if the rebels, her friends, or even Adam are alive. But that won’t keep her from trying to take down The Reestablishment once and for all. Now she must rely on Warner, the handsome commander of Sector 45. The one person she never thought she could trust. The same person who saved her life. He promises to help Juliette master her powers and save their dying world . . . but that’s not all he wants with her.

Review ~

Here's the thing. About 50% of the readers disliked this book, or was disappointed. Me? I wasn't disappointed the least bit. I think it was the best out of the books. The only thing was the characters and their ranting and frustration and their arguments and stuff. It took a lot out from the book, I felt like it could've had more details and more plot twists instead of reading their dumb arguments between Adam and Juliette. A third of the readers can't hate Adam, and I understand. I totally do. However, I can't agree. Sad faces. I liked him...in Shatter Me and part of Unravel Me, but that's the thing. He changes. And the last sentence he speaks with Juliette was something I'm proud of him for...finally admitting it.

"Words, I think, are such unpredictable creatures. No gun, no sword, no army or king will ever be more powerful than a sentence. Swords may cut and kill, but words will stab and stay, burying themselves in our bones to become corpses we carry into the future, all the time digging and failing to rip their skeletons from our flesh.”

I am forever Team Warner. I mean, I guess he rarely has any humor (Especially when talking to a 10 year old) or at Kenji, but he was totally better than the "changed" Adam we now know. Besides, we get to know the true Warner, the side we never knew about him. And Kenji. Oh dear, Officially one of my favorite characters around. He was the funny one with the mask, the one everyone expects to be funny and to lure them out of their grief. But even he has his limits, and I think that's my favorite part. Ms. Mafi shows that Kenji can be real and someone one can relate to. And the mission? It wasn't Warner or Adam. It was Kenji. Oh...Kenji. Sweet, funny Kenji.

"I am no longer afraid of fear, and I will not let it rule me. Fear will learn to fear me."

The love triangle? It was an abnormal one. Obviously, you could place your team by the way Adam acted, but it was one where you just wanted the character you hate to just back up and leave. Like seriously? I know you're worried about lack of food and stuff, but if you're here to insult and not fall in love? Just back the fudgesicles up. And Juliette. She's changed, and Adam finally admits it. I do sincerely hope that he finds a new love life in the near future with Alia or Lily. Anyways, Juliette was the kick-ass heroine I've always wanted her to be. In Shatter Me and Unravel Me? You can tell from the cover. In Unravel Me, she's stuck frozen in her own mind to the point where she can't even change and stays the coward everyone hates for her to be. And in Ignite Me, it's all nature and flowers where you can tell she's obviously blooming. I love the covers for these books! I just couldn't tell what to expect in Shatter Me, because the cover is a girl in a white dress...


"Ignite, my love. Ignite."

Oh right. Warner. The King and Commander of Sector 45. Ahaha. He's amazing and perfect. Although in this book, I found he has no humor, but even he has the perfect closet every (most likely: fashion/beauty) girl wants. Oh my, it is huge. I can just imagine all his suits and clothes he has in there, and imagine if they were replaced with my clothes...I would be in HEAVEN. This book was certainly the best out of the whole trilogy if I may say so myself. It had all different kinds of aspects, and if I were to say the Love triangle did a good deed in this book, I will, because all though this book could've replaced the arguments with plot twists or more detailing, it played a magnificent role where readers can enjoy Juliette kicking Adam out of her life.

I think this is probably the only Dystopian book I've ever read that has a happy ending. Each Dystopian, is sad and tragic(The endings). Like Allegiant and Champion? Holyyy, you have no idea how much it hurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...