Thursday, March 20, 2014

Book Review: Onyx by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Series: Lux (#2)
Genres: Young Adult, SciFi, Paranormal, Fantasy, Romance
Published: August 14, 2012
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies….
Review ~

But like, What? Ms. Armentrout comes again with another amazing novel! Oh my gosh....It's amazing. Yea, sure, I will admit this is my least favorite out of the four so far, I mean, maybe Opposition could be my least favorite,who knows? Well, usually the last book is usually a fail, so I'm excited, but scared for the last book that Jennifer Armentrout has written.

“I always liked you. From the moment you first flipped me off.”

Kat's the same. By same, I mean the most amazing type of "same" a character could ever be! Also, there's this question that's probably bugging a few of you readers: Is this better than Obsidian? To be honest, I don't think so. I loved Obsidian, it was just the start of everything where we meet the Blacks, Thompsons and Swartz. It's just the instigator. But, I did love Onyx nonetheless. I've read the other books already(Opal and Origin), and I have to say that this is my least favorite. I don't know why. It didn't seem as action packed as Origin(obviously not), but unlike Opal, it didn't leave that huge cliffhanger that makes you want more and it didn't have the mysterious character that appears sometime in Onyx leads to the cliffhanger.

“I could always give you a teaser. You bookish people love teasers, don't you?”

The beginning, well I can say it wasn't slow! Especially during the middle - end. It was so intriguing. Yes, yes, yes. Jennifer Armentrout has officially made it on my favorite YA author list! It's just amazing, she knows when to write when Katy is serious, sarcastic or sad. I mean, throughout the whole book, you see all the elements of Katy's attitude in this book, I don't think she's changed a lot from Obsidian, but the minor changes make a huge difference when you're reading this.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...