Series: Divergent Trilogy( #3)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopian
Published: October 22, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollin's Children's Books
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Review ~
So, if you've already read the other reviews that express their hatred for this book, I'd just like to say that I am not against them, but I'm not for them. My rating for this book was 3.5/5 and I do believe that this book could've been better. Also, if you know what happens at the end, don't let that stop you from reading the book, just think of it as it is helping you prepare for this nice piece of literature.
Let me just state this. I didn't hate this book, nor was I amazed and awestrucked by it. I just liked it. Yes, I liked it. If you're asking, Divergent was my favorite out of the whole series(just in case you were asking, Hahaha). So like, this book is told in two PoV's: Tris' and Tobias'. I wasn't very excited, and I didn't have much high expectations for how Veronica Roth was going to write this because many books out there are now being written in dual PoV's and I'm sort of getting sick of it. As usual, Veronica Roth didn't exceed my expecations in writing the dual PoV's.
Alright, let's move onto the plot. Here's the thing: it was very intriguing and interesting. Here's another thing: It led to the most lamest ending ever. I'm sorry, I just had to say that. Yea, I liked the storyline in this novel, but there also wasn't much character development...I mean, there was a little, but they developed in ways that I thought they were becoming cowards.
Let me just say that Veronica Roth has an amazing talent for writing fear landscapes. Throughout this whole book, the scene where Four goes into his landsape again was my favorite. I really did feel like I was there with Four, helping him out through his fears and overcoming them. The details Veronica Roth wrote when writing this scene was simply fantastic. But...I'm not a fan of Four in this book. I am a fan of Uriah. And then, dear lord, something happened to him and my heart cracked into pieces. *Sobs in a corner* Anyways, back to Four or Tobias(however you know him as), the Four/Tobias I knew before, is not the Four/Tobias I know now in Allegiant.
This book was also confusing, but that was neither a con nor a pro. Remember the GD's and GP's, that was very confusing, not only did you have to keep facts on the GD's and GP's straight in your mind, you have to follow along with the plot, and if you forget something important, just hope you remember it. If not, you'd have to flip back to the pages, which is annoying, if you haven't noticed/done that before. It just ruins your experience of reading the book.
So, yea, I didn't necessarily hate this book, but I didn't love it either(yes, I believe I said this twice, but who cares? Hahah). I loved the plot and everything that happened before the ending, but the thing that spoiled my mood when reading was the lame ending, and Tobias, especially his reckless actions, which he wouldn't have done before.
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Dystopian
Published: October 22, 2013
Publisher: HarperCollin's Children's Books
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
The faction-based
society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered — fractured by
violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when
offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris
is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple
new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and
painful memories.
But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.
So, if you've already read the other reviews that express their hatred for this book, I'd just like to say that I am not against them, but I'm not for them. My rating for this book was 3.5/5 and I do believe that this book could've been better. Also, if you know what happens at the end, don't let that stop you from reading the book, just think of it as it is helping you prepare for this nice piece of literature.
Some people will always fear change.
Let me just state this. I didn't hate this book, nor was I amazed and awestrucked by it. I just liked it. Yes, I liked it. If you're asking, Divergent was my favorite out of the whole series(just in case you were asking, Hahaha). So like, this book is told in two PoV's: Tris' and Tobias'. I wasn't very excited, and I didn't have much high expectations for how Veronica Roth was going to write this because many books out there are now being written in dual PoV's and I'm sort of getting sick of it. As usual, Veronica Roth didn't exceed my expecations in writing the dual PoV's.
Alright, let's move onto the plot. Here's the thing: it was very intriguing and interesting. Here's another thing: It led to the most lamest ending ever. I'm sorry, I just had to say that. Yea, I liked the storyline in this novel, but there also wasn't much character development...I mean, there was a little, but they developed in ways that I thought they were becoming cowards.
Knowledge is power. Power to do evil, like Jeanine . . . or power to do good, like what we're doing. Power itself is not evil. So knowledge itself is not evil.
Let me just say that Veronica Roth has an amazing talent for writing fear landscapes. Throughout this whole book, the scene where Four goes into his landsape again was my favorite. I really did feel like I was there with Four, helping him out through his fears and overcoming them. The details Veronica Roth wrote when writing this scene was simply fantastic. But...I'm not a fan of Four in this book. I am a fan of Uriah. And then, dear lord, something happened to him and my heart cracked into pieces. *Sobs in a corner* Anyways, back to Four or Tobias(however you know him as), the Four/Tobias I knew before, is not the Four/Tobias I know now in Allegiant.
This book was also confusing, but that was neither a con nor a pro. Remember the GD's and GP's, that was very confusing, not only did you have to keep facts on the GD's and GP's straight in your mind, you have to follow along with the plot, and if you forget something important, just hope you remember it. If not, you'd have to flip back to the pages, which is annoying, if you haven't noticed/done that before. It just ruins your experience of reading the book.
"She said that everyone has some evil inside them, and the first step to loving anyone is to recognize the same evil in ourselves, se we're able to forgive them."
So, yea, I didn't necessarily hate this book, but I didn't love it either(yes, I believe I said this twice, but who cares? Hahah). I loved the plot and everything that happened before the ending, but the thing that spoiled my mood when reading was the lame ending, and Tobias, especially his reckless actions, which he wouldn't have done before.



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!