Series: Every Day (#1)Genres: Young Adult, Contemporary, SciFi
Published: August 28, 2012
Publisher: Knopf Books for Young Readers
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Every day a different body. Every day a different life. Every day in love with the same girl.
There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.
Review ~ There’s never any warning about where it will be or who it will be. A has made peace with that, even established guidelines by which to live: Never get too attached. Avoid being noticed. Do not interfere.
It’s all fine until the morning that A wakes up in the body of Justin and meets Justin’s girlfriend, Rhiannon. From that moment, the rules by which A has been living no longer apply. Because finally A has found someone he wants to be with—day in, day out, day after day.
This is a first novel I've read by David Levithan. The idea of this was very, very unique and different and was written beautifully. It wasn't very captivating or intriguing but maybe that's because I'm more of an action and fantasy type of reader. Maybe that's just me. But the way he wrote it made me think and realize things I would have never thought about in a certain way before.
I loved the character development and chemistry between A and Rhiannon. It felt realistic. As the story went on, their feelings for each other kept building and building. She still loved A and she still felt the connection between them, even in different bodies. A would notice things that Rhiannon herself didn't notice. A was just so considerate and thoughtful.
"This is what love does: It makes you want to rewrite the world. It makes you want to choose the characters, build the scenery, guide the plot. The person you love sits across from you, and you want to do everything in your power to make it possible, endlessly possible. And when it's just the two of you, alone in a room, you can pretend that this is how it is, this is how it will be."
As I neared the ending, I knew it wasn't to be like a happily ever after kind of ending because of their complicated relationship. It all happened happened so fast. As you may or may not know, I'm pretty sensitive and can't really control my emotions. I finished the book around three in the morning felt really sad throughout the day. As I said, I just loved the character development and chemistry between A and Rhiannon and I didn't want it to end like that. If they ever needed to talk to each other, they would communicate through emails or meet up somewhere almost every day. But that wouldn't happen anymore... What happened wasn't a bad ending, nor was a happily ever after ending. You may think it's nothing to be sad or cry over about, but I was, I did. I get emotional, okay?
"It's only in the finer points that it gets complicated and contentious, the inability to realize that no matter what our religion or gender or race or geographic background, we all have about 98 percent in common with each other. Yes, the differences between male and female are biological, but if you look at the biology as a matter of percentage, there aren't a whole lot of things that are different. Race is different purely as a social construction, not as a inherent difference."
There is much more I would love to tell you about, but I'll just leave it up to you if you want to read it or not. I highly recommend it to people who want to read a book with a complicated romance.
There's also a short prequel called Six Earlier Days, which is only available as an ebook/kindle and a companion novel, Rhiannon, in her point of view, which is published in Spring 2015.


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!