Wow. You guys only get one review for this month. I feel sad. I haven't been able to catch up on reading, and I'm not going to make any excuses up so I'm just going to flat out say that this month was a blog tour month. Woopsie Daises. But in all seriousness, I sincerely apologize and I will try to make up for my lack of review posts next month!
Series: Under the Never Sky (#1)
Genres: Young Adult, SciFi, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Published: December 1, 2011 by Atom
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
Also, Peregrine (The name though...) AKA Perry is someone who can invade your privacy. Stay clear from him if you were to ever meet him in reality okay? Ok. Joking. But seriously, I'm someone who hates invasion of privacy and/or lack of privacy. Like, I want to keep some (maybe a lot)of things to myself, alright? So back off. I'm fine if you ask questions, but if you do it on purpose and the other party dislikes that invasion of privacy, it's annoying. And I just want to point out that Perry's nose can smell what kind of feeling/emotion you have and that is just creepy and something that I couldn't stand while reading this novel. Especially when she got her period and he was there to witness and smell everything. I just feel embarrassed in her place.
Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have no idea what the title means. I also like the fact that they have 'smart(-)eyes'. It's a nice useful advanced piece of technology that must hurt a lot, especially because you're practically attaching it to your eye's inner membrane.
In the beginning, I was actually hoping to read a romance novel like this where the guy (who loves to invade your privacy) loves/likes (whichever word you use to interpret the romance in the beginning) the girl, but the girl has no feelings, but nope. Not going to happen. The girl, obviously, later on in the novel starts to fall for him (I'm not really sure if that should be counted as a spoiler, because it's very obvious?)
The world building was insane though. Although, there were little details, it gave you a lot of room to imagine what the places would look like. From the Realms to the Outside world, everything fitted in place. And the dual PoV's was fantastically written, especially since it was from third person point of view - if I'm not mistaken.
I have one last thing to say. To me, the SciFi books that I've read so far are confusing. But at least, you slowly start to catch on right?
Series: Under the Never Sky (#1)
Genres: Young Adult, SciFi, Fantasy, Romance, Adventure
Published: December 1, 2011 by Atom
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble
WORLDS KEPT THEM APART.
DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
I'm not particularly fond of this book. It was a nice read and it's one where you can usually skim through and never understand (nah, just kidding. It's not to that extreme, but it is confusing). Although you have questions, you don't get answers. You have to search for it. I'm not sure what to think of it, I guess some things I could pick up on and some things I couldn't. I just went along with it and assumed what I thought was what, and that helped me throughout the reading process. Teeheeee.DESTINY BROUGHT THEM TOGETHER.
Aria has lived her whole life in the protected dome of Reverie. Her entire world confined to its spaces, she's never thought to dream of what lies beyond its doors. So when her mother goes missing, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland long enough to find her are slim.
Then Aria meets an outsider named Perry. He's searching for someone too. He's also wild - a savage - but might be her best hope at staying alive.
If they can survive, they are each other's best hope for finding answers.
Also, Peregrine (The name though...) AKA Perry is someone who can invade your privacy. Stay clear from him if you were to ever meet him in reality okay? Ok. Joking. But seriously, I'm someone who hates invasion of privacy and/or lack of privacy. Like, I want to keep some (maybe a lot)of things to myself, alright? So back off. I'm fine if you ask questions, but if you do it on purpose and the other party dislikes that invasion of privacy, it's annoying. And I just want to point out that Perry's nose can smell what kind of feeling/emotion you have and that is just creepy and something that I couldn't stand while reading this novel. Especially when she got her period and he was there to witness and smell everything. I just feel embarrassed in her place.
Also, I don't know if I'm the only one, but I have no idea what the title means. I also like the fact that they have 'smart(-)eyes'. It's a nice useful advanced piece of technology that must hurt a lot, especially because you're practically attaching it to your eye's inner membrane.
In the beginning, I was actually hoping to read a romance novel like this where the guy (who loves to invade your privacy) loves/likes (whichever word you use to interpret the romance in the beginning) the girl, but the girl has no feelings, but nope. Not going to happen. The girl, obviously, later on in the novel starts to fall for him (I'm not really sure if that should be counted as a spoiler, because it's very obvious?)
The world building was insane though. Although, there were little details, it gave you a lot of room to imagine what the places would look like. From the Realms to the Outside world, everything fitted in place. And the dual PoV's was fantastically written, especially since it was from third person point of view - if I'm not mistaken.
I have one last thing to say. To me, the SciFi books that I've read so far are confusing. But at least, you slowly start to catch on right?



No comments:
Post a Comment
Thanks for leaving a comment!