Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Book Review: Rebel Belle by Rachel Hawkins

Series: Rebel Belle (#1)
Genres: Young Adult, Fantasy, Contemporary, Romance
Published: April 8th, 2014 by Putnam Juvenile
Purchase: Amazon | Barnes & Noble


Harper Price, peerless Southern belle, was born ready for a Homecoming tiara. But after a strange run-in at the dance imbues her with incredible abilities, Harper's destiny takes a turn for the seriously weird. She becomes a Paladin, one of an ancient line of guardians with agility, super strength and lethal fighting instincts.

Just when life can't get any more disastrously crazy, Harper finds out who she's charged to protect: David Stark, school reporter, subject of a mysterious prophecy and possibly Harper's least favorite person. But things get complicated when Harper starts falling for him—and discovers that David's own fate could very well be to destroy Earth.

This book was a very, very fun read! :) I loved the main character, Harper. She's just awesome...You know what I mean? Relationships are very important to her, so you on't really have to worry about her betraying you. She will love you lots and be prepared...she doesn't curse..well....I don't remember her cursing. I love her personality, it;'s quite unique, if I must say so myself. When Saylor had asked if she was prepared, she was like "No." Just a blunt 'no', and I laughed for like hours because I expected her to say 'yes'. Oh my goodness, it's just a fun read.

This novel was such a funny one! You'll practically be laughing every page or two! The plot twist in the beginning was certainly, unexpected. I totally expected a big plot twist just like the one in the beginning, to happen in the middle. The fact that she used the heel or her heels and stab it into the neck....of this person..was something that hurt my stomach. I laughed to my death, and I especially loved how she was like "this is embarrassing". The writing wasn't too good, but it was good enough, it did have enough detail. My favorite aspect of the novel was the storyline. A. m. a. z. i. n. g.

I love how there wasn't the stupid fight of jealousy between her and her boyfriend, like the usual cliche novel, BUT, they decide to calmly negotiate and it didn't turn out to be a full blown fight. I loved her ex boyfriend though. He's soo sweet and has his own unique personality. You would think he's the playboy type, but he came back! And unfortunately, another huge plot twist happens near the end. Like what happens with their powers and stuff? The questions that remained in the air at the end is enough to make a good second book, but the ending of Rebel Belle is simply enough to leave it at that. It gives us enough room to make and imagine what's going to happen next. It's a very fun read! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...